Wondering how to Cancel Print Job on HP Printer on HP printers? But first, why should it be repealed? The print job on your HP printer needs to be canceled for several reasons. Read this blog, you will know why you chose to cancel your print job.
Why should you Cancel a Print Job on Hp Printer?
- When a print order is canceled at HP, the most common reason is that the print is no longer needed.
- Chances are you have used the print command twice. You may prefer to cancel it to save paper.
- Perhaps the order for a document other than the selected document was incorrectly delivered.
How to Cancel Print Jobs on HP Printers?
Using these techniques, you can cancel any pending or in-progress print jobs from the printer’s control panel, your computer (Windows 10), or your mobile device (iPhone, Android) that you used to send the print command. was.
Fix 1: From Printer Control Panel
- If you are using a button printer, you must press the Cancel button.
- If you are using a printer with a touch screen, press the “X”, “Pause” or “Cancel” button.
- If you cannot cancel the print job using Control Panel, continue to the next step.
Fix 2: Reinstall the Printer Driver
If your print jobs are still delayed in the queue, the most likely cause is an incorrect or outdated printer driver. Therefore, you may want to update your printer driver to see if your problem is resolved.
The printer driver can be updated in two ways: manually or automatically. This method will help you to cancel the print queue on HP printer issues.
Option 1: Install HP Printer Drivers Manually
Printer manufacturers such as HP, Canon, Brother, Dell, and Epson continue to release new printer drivers to fix errors and improve performance. To get them, go to your printer manufacturer’s website (always under the Help or Downloads area) and download and install the new driver manually.
Option 2: Update HP Printer Drivers Automatically
If you don’t have the time, ability, or technical knowledge to update your audio drivers manually, Driver Simple can do it for you. Driver Simple can automatically recognize your system and locate the correct driver for your device.
Fix 3: Delete the Print Queue
You have three options for canceling a print job on an HP printer issue. You don’t even have to try any of them; Just choose one.
Step 1: Spooler Print Service needs to be restarted
- To launch the Run box on your keyboard, press the Windows logo key + R at the same time.
- Press Enter after placing services.msc in the Run box.
- Stop the print spooler by right-clicking on it.
- Delete all files in the C:WindowsSystem32spoolPRINTERS folder.
- In the Services window, right-click Print Spooler and select Start.
- Return to the line where the print job is being processed. All print jobs should now be deleted and you can resume printing as normal.
Having Trouble Deleting Files?
Before uninstalling files in the Printers folder, restart Print Spooler and check again, then you must stop Printer Spooler first. Otherwise, you will receive an error message telling you that the operation could not be completed because the file is open.
After deleting the files, don’t forget to restart the service. Here’s how to cancel a print job on HP.
Step 2: Erase Stuck Files Using Command Prompt
This is the easiest way to clean up the command window print queue. Only a few requests are required:
- Run as administrator by typing cmd in the search field.
- Enter each of the commands listed below individually in the Command Prompt window:
- Spooler Spooler Spooler Spooler
- /q /f /s del percent systemroot percent system32spoolPrinter*
- net spooler start
How do I cancel a print job on an HP printer? Have you been trying for a long time? now do this.!
Step 3: Create a bat file for continuous use.
If you don’t want to go through all the problems, again and again, there is also a permanent remedy that you can use. Create your batch file, then just open it whenever you want to clear the print queue. The correct procedure is as follows:
- Launch Notepad or Notepad++ using Notepad (but not a word processor like Microsoft Word.)
- Fill in the blanks below:
- Spooler net start spooler stops del percentage systemroot percentage System32spoolprinters* /Q /F /S
- Then choose File > Save As.
- Change file form to all files
- You can give your file any name as long as it ends in “.bat”.
- Verify that the encoding type is ANSI.
- Just save the document. Track where you save the file.
- To clear the print queue whenever you want, double-click the batch file.
Wondering how to cancel a print job on HP printers? This blog is for you. You have several options for pausing or canceling a print job on an HP printer. You can undo jobs directly from your device’s control panel, as we’ve already covered in this reading. On Windows systems, the Devices and Printers option can be used to stop printing instructions. If that doesn’t work, contact an expert nearby or online.