Does your HP printer keep saying out of paper? An HP printer that says it is out of paper means there is a problem with the sheets it is feeding. This common problem can be traced back to when the paper input tray is full. Also, the paper feed or paper feed rollers can be affected by dust or moisture.
So the paper can be placed in the tray, but the printer does not recognize it. For this reason, the error message “HP printer indicates that there is no paper” may appear on the screen. You can check the print paper status for this message and how to solve the problem. You can try to fix the printer settings.
We now explore more solutions to paper problems in HP printers. We’ll help you find more in-depth fixes like checking print spooler service, resetting your HP printer, updating your printer driver, and more.
What does it mean when HP printer keeps saying out of paper?
- The HP printer reports an error that it is out of paper.
- No paper should be loaded into the input tray of the machine. The printing press may also have malfunctioned.
- Because of this problem, you may receive a message of the HP printer is out of paper but the printer has paper. Printing may not be possible until the news is resolved.
Reason Behind Error
There can be many reasons why HP printer keeps saying out of paper. Some of these factors are mentioned in this section. You can see them below:
- Your HP printer’s paper feed roller may be clogged with paper debris, dust, etc.
- Your device driver may be out of date.
- Using poor quality paper can cause this problem.
- You can use print paper with curved edges.
- Your printer’s paper input tray may be full.
- Windows may have compatibility issues with your HP printer.
- Some print jobs may be on hold. They may be stuck in your HP printer’s print queue.
- A print spooler usually causes this problem on your device.
How to Fix HP Printer Keeps Saying Out of Paper?
The print paper loaded into the HP printer may not be in good condition.
Checking the status before inserting the paper tray solves the “HP printer paper jam” problem, but it doesn’t.
To avoid this problem, it is necessary to clean the paper feed rollers. Along with that, you need to check whether the Print Spooler service is running or not.
1. Check Print Paper Status
HP printers may display an error message stating that there is no printer paper. This message usually appears when the print paper condition is not good.
Therefore, a message like this may appear if the printing paper is connected to the input tray of your machine in an unlikely position.
To help you resolve this problem message on your HP printer, we have collected 5 tips in this section.
You can check out these tips if the HP printer does not feed paper smoothly. Soon the message will stop showing on your device screen.
- Be sure to use the same size and type of blade.
- Consider loading paper from a tray. Check for creases or damage, especially around the edges.
- Align print sheets. Check that the volume is the same.
- Try loading 25 or fewer sheets into the printer’s input tray.
- Be sure to use only quality print paper.
Once you read and understand these tips, printing a test page can be easy. The test page should print correctly.
If you find that this page is not printing and your HP printer is still obsolete, you can try the following troubleshooting steps.
2. Clean the Paper Feed Rollers
In many situations, users have shared that their HP printer is out of paper but there is paper.
Dirty paper feed rollers can cause the printer to display this error. Dust collects in parts of your HP printer.
One of its components is rollers. Our experts believe that if such a malfunction is detected then the rollers should be cleaned.
To clean your HP printer’s paper feed rollers, you can first turn off the device. Unplug the power cord and verify that the input tray is empty.
Then open the device access cover to expose the paper feed rollers. You can use a cloth slightly dampened with distilled water.
Once they are clean and the rollers are no longer wet, you can put the access cover back on the HP printer. Finally, just print a test page.
- Start by turning off your HP printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the device.
- Make sure there is no sheet load in the input tray of the machine.
- After installation, remove the circuit boards.
- The HP Printer Access Cover must be open.
- Paper feed rollers can be found here.
- Take a clean cloth. Now take distilled water in a bowl.
- Dip the cloth lightly in distilled water and begin cleaning the paper feed rollers.
- Wait until the roller is completely dry.
- Do not use compressed air or a hair dryer to speed up the drying process.
- After the cleaning process is complete and the rollers are dry, you can store some sheets in the input tray.
- Make sure the HP printer access door is closed.
- Wait for the printer to go into idle and silent mode.
- Now try to test the printed page.
3. Reset HP Printer
In a situation where the HP printer keeps saying out of paper even though there is paper in the input tray, there is a problem with the device.
If the problem is minor, resetting the HP printer should fix it. You can reset the HP printer by turning it off and unplugging any cables connected to it.
Let 30 seconds pass. Then connect each cable and start the HP printer. You should be able to print on your device without any problems.
- Turn off the HP printer.
- Disconnect all cables connected to it.
- Wait 30 seconds. Then connect the cables one by one.
- Turn on the device.
- When you are ready to use the document or image, print it.
- The device no longer reports that there is no more paper.
In this guide, we explained why HP printer keeps saying out of paper. Several reasons can be responsible for the error which we have already mentioned above. If you have any questions, our experts will be happy to help.