Yes, it frustrates those who use printers when HP printer offline problem occurs on Windows 10 and Mac. Typical problems experienced by the majority or more of wireless users. If this happens, the printer cannot print any documents. Hence, HP Deskjet 2700 Offline Repair on Windows 10 or Mac makes sure that you follow the resolutions correctly and fix the problem quickly.
Steps to fix HP Deskjet 2700 Offline Issues
Solution 1: Restart the printer or HP router to fix the offline error message
Your laptop or computer may not be able to find the wireless printer via the Wi-Fi connection. Then you need to restart your system as well as the printing device and router. After that, you have to establish a completely new relationship between them.
Note: To resolve the printer showing this offline warning, when checking the problem with the network link, be sure to connect the printer to a Wi-Fi network immediately.
- Turn off your wireless printer
- The next step is to unplug the power cable from its back end
- Shut down the system on which you tried to print the document.
- Power is connected to the back edge of your printer. So please turn it on.
- After that, unplug the power cord from the wireless router and wait 20 minutes.
- Next, connect your power cable to the WiFi router.
- Then restart your system.
Your devices are ready to establish a new connection. Follow the next method.
Solution 2: Connect the printer wirelessly to a Wi-Fi network (Touchscreen Control Panel)
Connect the HP printer to local Wi-Fi via the HP Wireless Setup Assistant on your touchscreen controller. If compatible with the router, the connection can also be established using WPS and HP Smart App software.
- Next, press the Wireless icon on your printer’s control panel.
- Select the setup icon.
- Select the Restore default network settings and Restore network settings buttons, then click Yes to confirm your selection.
- You have to hit the back arrow followed by the wireless settings and finally the wireless setup wizard.
- The printer will search for all available Wi-Fi networks.
- Click on the name of the wireless network you are using.
If your wireless network can’t or can’t be detected through the printer, click Enter a new network name. Then enter the name of the wireless network.
Note: Make sure you have entered the correct network name, including lowercase or uppercase characters.
- Finally, enter your security password for your network (WEP or WPA key) and click on Done.
- The blue wireless light stops blinking but remains on when the printer is connected.
Solution 3: Manually Configure Your Default Printer in Windows 10
Locate HP Printer and set it as the default property, enabling Printer Offline Status in Windows 10.
- Find Devices, then click Printers and Scanners in the displayed set of devices.
- If selected, uncheck the box next to Allow Windows to manage my default printer.
- Find the name of your printer in the list of printers. You can then press the Manage button.
- If you have more than one device that shares the same name, you will need to select the printer that is inactive and online.
- Then, under Manage your wireless printing device, click Set defaults.
- Try again to print any paper. If the printer still shows up as offline, you can try the following procedure.
Solution 4: Manually Set Your Default Printer for Windows 8, 7
- First, search for Devices in Windows and select Printers and devices from the list of results.
- Next, right-click on your HP printer whose status is Active (Not Blacked Out), and click Set as Default Printer.
- Then try to print the document. If the printer says offline, continue to the next step.
Solution 5: Check for ink cartridge and jammed problem. jam problem
Check the printer for cartridge and paper jam problems. This will help to fix HP DeskJet 2700 offline problem.
- Turn on the HP wireless/wired printer. Verify that all physical and wireless connections have been established properly.
- Check all cable connections to determine if there are any loose cables, then reconnect them properly for a better connection.
- Examine the inside of the printer to identify any paper jams. Clear HP Paper Jam error if you detect one.
- Check the input tray to make sure the amount of paper is correct. Papers should be placed in the tray if needed.
- The cartridge access door opens, then check to see if there is an HP Printer Ink Cartridge Failure message. Also, check the ink level in the cartridges.
- It’s important to check your printer’s control panel display or software for low ink alerts. Then choose OK to stop the Low Ink alert and bring your device back online.
- Also, make sure that the printer and system are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
You can have a chance to fix the HP DeskJet 2700 offline problem by following the above method. So, leave your worries aside and properly implement all the above steps.