HP Deskjet printer models are very functional and high-performance devices. But from time to time due to some reason or other technical error may be encountered. When you see that your HP Deskjet Plus 4100 is offline, it can seem quite annoying as you cannot print anything. This problem is not unique to you. Several users of HP printer models reported experiencing offline issues. Fortunately, you don’t need to go through a very complicated process to get your printer online. You can apply a series of simple troubleshooting steps and say goodbye to this technical issue. In this article, you will learn about these effective fixes in detail.
Read: How to Setup HP Deskjet 3721 Printer
How to Fix HP Deskjet Plus 4100 Offline Problem
Good troubleshooting for this problem includes checking the network, resetting the device, and bringing the printer online manually. Read on for full instructions on how to use these methods.
1- Check your Network.
The very first step you need to do to fix the offline problem is to check your network. When you have connected your printer to the network, make sure that the machine is not connected to the host or guest network. Host networks have features such as isolation functions. This prevents your printer from connecting to your computer network and performing printing operations.
It’s best to connect your system directly to the printing machine via HP Wireless Direct or Wi-Fi Direct to Print. Let’s say you have permission to log into the wireless router that serves the guest network. In this case, you can temporarily disable the security feature. This will allow the printing machine to connect to the Internet.
2- Solve Offline Problems on Windows 11
Windows 10 users facing HP Deskjet Plus 4100 Offline issue can use Windows 11 troubleshooter to fix it. Follow these steps to use the tool.
- Go to the “Start” menu. From there, select “Settings”.
- Now select the “Update & Security” tab.
- In the window that appears, go to the Troubleshooting section.
- Then select the Printer line. The “Run the Troubleshooter” option will be displayed in front of you.
- Select Printer. The tool will start analyzing it in detail.
- Tap the “Apply this fix” option to allow the tool to work.
3- Reset the wireless configuration of Desk jet Plus 4100
Resetting the wireless setting also works well to bring your printer online. To do this, you need to follow specific simple steps. They contain the following elements.
- Before you begin resetting the wireless configuration, perform a hard restart on your HP printer. For this, you have to unplug the power cord.
- After restarting the printer, press the “Wi-Fi” button for about five seconds.
- Your device is now ready for wireless connection.
- Go to HP Smart App. Once there, press the “Add Printer” button.
- Now select “HP Deskjet Plus 4100”.
- You’ll see a set of instructions on the HP Smart app. Be sure to follow them all.
4- Reset Your Printer
After resetting the wireless settings, proceed to reset your HP Deskjet 4100 printer. The following steps will help you in doing so.
- Press the “Info” button. You need to press it for five seconds.
- Next, press the “Cancel” and “Power” buttons together.
- After that, press the “Power” button to turn on or off your printing device.
- This simple process will reset your printer model and bring it online.
5- Use HP Print & Scan Doctor utility.
HP Print and Scan Doctor is a very effective tool that solves printer offline problems in many models. You can visit the official website of HP to download this tool. Once the download is complete, follow the steps below to use this tool.
- Navigate to the download location on your system and run HPPSdr.exe.
- When HP Print and Scan Doctor starts, press “Start.” Follow this by selecting your printer.
- If you find that your printing device is not listed, turn it on. Then press “Try again”.
- If you see any connection issues, follow all the instructions provided by the tool. When your screen displays a prompt to enable Print Device Update, tap “Yes” and then “Continue.”
- Then, if you see a screen that prompts you to make your HP Deskjet Plus 4100 the default, tap “Yes” and continue.
- Are you still facing HP Deskjet Plus 4100 offline issue? If so, repeat the steps after downloading and opening the tool.
6- Remove HP printer drivers.
This is another effective way to fix printer offline errors. Be sure to use Windows as an administrator to remove HP printer drivers and packages. Now follow the steps given below.
- Type “CMD” in the search bar.
- When you see the command prompt, type “printui /s /t2”. This will open the “Print Server Properties” window.
- Now remove the driver and package from your printer.
- After that, add your printer back. To do this, go to “Devices and Printers” and select “Add Printer”.
- Now your printer will show online status. Now you can do print work as before.
HP Deskjet Plus 4100 Offline issue bothers most of the users of this device. But when you understand the different ways to solve it, you will not find the problem as a challenge. If you are unable to resolve the issue, don’t hesitate to contact HP Printer Specialist Technical Support Services.