Yes, it frustrates people who use printers when HP printer offline problem occurs on Windows 10 and Mac. Typical problems experienced by the majority or most wireless users. If this occurs, the printer cannot print a document. Hence, HP Deskjet 2700 Offline Repair on Windows 10 or Mac makes sure that you follow the resolutions correctly and fix the problem quickly.
Read: How to Fix HP Printer Ink System Failure Error? (Resolved)
Steps to Fix HP Deskjet 2700 Offline Issues
Solution 1: Restart the Printer or HP Router to fix the Offline Error Message
Your laptop or computer may not be able to find the wireless printer via a WiFi connection. Then you need to restart your system as well as the printing device and router. After that, you have to establish an entirely new relationship between them.
Note: To resolve the printer showing this offline warning when checking for a problem with the network link, make sure to connect the printer to a Wi-Fi network immediately.
- Turn off your wireless printer
- The next step is to remove the power cable from its rear end
- Shut down the system on which you tried to print documents.
- Power is connected to the back side of your printer. So please turn it on.
- After that, unplug the power cord from the wireless router and wait for 20 minutes.
- Next, connect your power cable to the Wi-Fi router.
- Then power on your system.
Your devices are ready to establish a new connection. Try the next method.
Solution 2: Connect the Printer Wirelessly to a Wi-Fi Network (touchscreen control panel)
Connect the HP printer to local Wi-Fi through the HP Wireless Setup Assistant on your touchscreen controller. A connection can also be established using WPS and the HP Smart App software, if compatible with the router.
- Next, press the Wireless icon on your printer’s control panel.
- Select the Setup icon.
- Select the Restore default network settings and Restore network settings button, then click Yes to confirm your selection.
- You’re gonna hit the back arrow after Wireless Settings and finally the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- The printer will search for all available Wi-Fi networks.
- Click on the name of the wireless network you are using.
If your wireless network is not detected or cannot be detected by the printer, click Enter a new network name. Then enter the name of the wireless network.
Note: Make sure you enter the correct network name including lowercase or uppercase characters.
- Finally, enter your security password for your network(WEP or WPA key) and click Done.
- The blue wireless light stops blinking but remains on if the printer is connected.
Solution 3: Manually Configure Your Default Printer in Windows 10
Find the HP printer and set it as the default property to enable the printer offline status in Windows 10.
- Find Devices, then click Printers & scanners in the displayed set of devices.
- If selected, uncheck the box next to Allow Windows to manage my default printer.
- Find your printer name in the list of printers. Then you can press the Manage button.
- If you have more than one device that shares the same name, you will need to select the printer that is inactive and online.
- Then, under Manage your wireless printing devices, click Set Defaults.
- Try printing a paper again. If the printer still shows as offline, you can try the following procedure.
Solution 4: Manually Set Your Default Printer for Windows 8, 7
- First, search for Devices in Windows and select Printers and Devices from the list of results.
- Next, right-click on your HP printer whose status is active (not blacked out), and click on Set as default printer.
- Then try to print the document. If the printer says offline, go to the next step.
Solution 5: Check the Ink Cartridge and Jam Problem Jam Problem
Check the printer for cartridge and paper jam problems. This will help to fix HP Deskjet 2700 offline issue.
- Turn on the HP wireless/wired printer. Verify that all physical and wireless connections have been properly established.
- Check all cable connections to determine if there are any loose cables, then properly connect them for a better connection.
- Examine the inside of the printer to identify a paper jam. Clear an HP paper jam error if you detect one.
- Check the input tray to make sure the amount of paper is correct. If necessary, paper should be applied to the tray.
- The cartridge access door opens, then see if there is an HP printer ink cartridge failure message. Also, check the ink level in the cartridge.
- It is important to watch your printer’s control panel display or software for low ink alerts. Then select OK to stop the low ink alert and bring your device back online.
- Also, make sure that the printer and system are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
You may have a chance to fix HP DeskJet 2700 offline issue by following the above method. So, leave your worries aside and apply all the above steps properly.