Today, an important issue is the price of sublimation printers. When running a business, you may need a specialty printer to print mugs, T-shirts, caps, and other items in large quantities. If you are getting delayed due to the high prices of these sublimation printers then today you will get the solution to this problem. However, if you already have an HP printer, you can convert it to a sublimation printer to make things whiter.
Read: How to Cancel a Print Job on Hp Printer
In today’s article, we are ready to share with you how to convert HP printer to sublimation printer. Plus, we go over some of the pros and cons of replacing your HP printer with a dye-sublimation printer.
How to Convert HP Printer to Sublimation Printer?
Here’s a complete list of the materials you’ll need to turn your HP printer into a useful sublimation machine. So, you will need the following supplies to convert an HP printer to sublimation:
- Heat Press
- Permanent Marker
- Sublimation paper
- HP Printer with Sublimation Ink
It must be a brand-new machine, or if you want to convert your old HP printer to a sublimation model, make sure it has never been used before. Otherwise, the converted colors may mix with regular ink, which has no value. To print or engrave, the paper and ink must match. The desired result requires high-quality products.
After this, the ink tanks should be emptied and refilled with induced ink. HP printer users will find this technique difficult. Because it’s impossible to get refills and compatible cartridges. If you find that you cannot find compatible cartridges for HP printers that use ink cartridges that incorporate sublimation ink. There is obviously no way to convert them in a sublimation printer. They can be easily removed and the ink tank can be refilled.
Converting Sublimation Printer to a New HP Printer?
Right in front of you is a new HP printer that can be used to produce sublimated images. To start the process you need to follow the steps given below.
- Remove the cartridge and cover from the printer.
- Open any new cartridge before disassembling it.
- Fill a syringe with hot water, then use the syringe to pour hot water into the paint tank.
- Next, use a paper towel to soak up any excess water.
- Remove the cartridge, use an inkjet refill clip to remove residual ink, then replace the ink with sublimation ink.
- This needs to be done to replace the cartridge in the printer.
Follow steps 1 through 5 for each cartridge.
Then turn off the device. And the printer is now ready to use.
Because PrintFab SubliJet-R ink cartridges are specifically designed to work with Ricoh printers, you should use them.
Converting a Used Printer?
- The printer must be turned off before removing any cables. Remove each ink cartridge, and then clean them thoroughly with warm water. If the paint is still present, it should be removed with a soft cloth or distilled water.
- Ink cartridges should be stored for later use after cleaning so that you can still use them. The printhead assembly can be found by opening the printer’s door. Generally, it is located around the cartridge. It should be removed and placed in the same place as your ink cartridges.
- Next, clean the inside of the printer with cotton wool and distilled water, then dry it completely before installing all its components.
- You can begin installing your new subwoofer now that your printer is completely clean. The print head specially designed for sublimation printing must be replaced first. Before purchasing this part from a trusted Internet source, make sure it is compatible with your printer model. This is an important step because if you skip it your machine will not function properly.
Which Printers Can be Used for Sublimation?
It is simple to adapt almost any Piezo Print Technology printer for sublimation. Inkjet printers from Epson, Sawgrass, Roland, and Brother are often used for sublimation. However, sublimation cannot be used with a printer equipped with a thermal printhead.
The best Epson printers for sublimation are listed below, so you can use them for both conversion and sublimation.
- Epson EcoTank ET-2710
- Epson EcoTank ET3760
- Epson EcoTank ET-2720
- Epson WorkForce WF-7710
- Epson craftsman 1430
- Epson EcoTank ET-2750
- Epson EcoTank ET-7700
- Epson WorkForce WF-3620
- Epson WorkForce WF-7610
Which is the Easiest Printer to Convert to Sublimation?
The Epson SureColor F170 can be said to be the easiest printer to convert to sublimation. This specialized dye injection printer provides the easiest way to print on fabric and other compatible substrate surfaces. By filling the ink reservoirs with the specific ink included in the box, the design can be reproduced on the special transfer paper as it would be on a regular inkjet printer.