Sometimes we incorrectly send two print jobs from our HP printer. So, learn how to quickly cancel the print job on HP printer on Windows 10, 8, 7, Mac, iPhone, and iPad computers. Canceling print jobs helps us save money, time, and paper.
Top solutions for canceling or stopping print jobs on HP printers and Windows 10
1- Cancel the print job from the printer control panel
- If you are using a button printer, you must press the Cancel button.
- If you are testing a printer with a touch screen, you must press ‘X’, Stop or Cancel.
2- How to Cancel a Print Job on HP Printer in Windows 10
Learn how to cancel the print queue on a Windows 10 device.
Note: Always remember that you can easily cancel a print job from the computer on which you practiced sending the print command.
- First, open the Print Queue.
- Look for the printer icon near the notification section of the taskbar menu.
- Now click on the printer icon to open the print queue.
- If you cannot locate the printer icon in the taskbar notification area, press the Windows key and search for Printers.
- Next, you need to select your HP printer from the list of printers and then click on Open Queue.
- Then right-click the print job you want to cancel in Windows 10, and click Cancel.
3- How to Cancel a Print Job From the Print Queue in Mac OS or OS X
- First, locate the Printer icon on the Dock.
- Next, you need to click on the printer icon selecting the print job.
- A record of print jobs from the print queue will be displayed.
- You have to decide quickly which job you want to quit. So take it and click on the cancel button icon next to the print job.
- Finally, the desired print job will be canceled.
- If you can’t find the printer icon on the Dock, go to “System Preferences”.
- Next, you need to click on the Print and Scan icon.
- Quickly, you need to select your HP printer again from the menu and then click on the “Open Print Queue” button.
- In the Print Queue list, you need to click the Cancel button next to the print job.
4- Cancel Print Job on HP Printer via Android phone
Note: Always check that you can cancel a print job from the Android mobile device that you used to send the print job.
- On your Android phone, the two options for canceling a print job from the print queue are the HP Print App and the HP Print Service Plugin.
- If you’re using the HP print app for printing, switch to its home screen.
- After this, you should be successful on the notification icon of the ePrint app.
- Immediately press the “X” button, then press Yes.
- The current print job will stop immediately.
- If you use the HP Print Service plug-in to print documents, you must swipe down to view the current notifications.
- Now you have to select the print job in the queue which you need to cancel.
- To cancel the print job, press the Cancel button.
5- How to Cancel the Print Job on an HP Printer via Apple iPhone or iPad
Find out how you can cancel a print job from the print queue on iPhone or iPad.
- First of all, you have to open the App Switcher.
- If your mobile gadget has a Home button, double-tap the Home button.
- If your device does not support the Home key, it is assumed that you swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Now swipe left and tap on the Print Center app.
- Now click on the particular print job you want to cancel and then press Cancel Print.
Mostly, the solution is to cancel the print job from the print queue. If you want to cancel print jobs that are stuck or waiting in the print queue, get expert help.