Do you have any idea that you can print anything from your smartphone? Yes! This is true! The only thing you need is a compatible HP printer. With this, you need to connect your device to your printer via USB or Wi-Fi. So, let us learn in this blog how to connect an HP printer to phone and hence start printing photos and documents without any hassle. Fortunately, in today’s age, you can print wirelessly using only strong/stable internet. Get the information covered for you and learn how to connect devices and print actively.
Learn to Connect HP Printer to Phone Effortlessly
To connect your HP printer to your mobile phone, you’ll need two things. They are here :
- The first is the OTG cable.
- Another essential is the HP Print Service plugin
- Below, we’ll show you how to connect a phone to an HP printer in one minute. So, let’s take a look at the provided action plan and implement it accordingly:
- First of all, connect your OTG cable to the USB cable of the printer.
- Then plug into the OTG port on your mobile phone.
- Open Google Play Store on your Android phone.
- Download “HP Print Service Plugin”.
- After installing it, open the application by clicking on the “Open” tab.
- Now keep trading lightly until you see the “Start” button.
- Then accept the HP End User License Agreement.
- And then, click “Start”
Now go back and try to print. This way:
- First, open a photo on your Android device that you want to print.
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner of the page.
- Click on the “Print” tab.
- Now your USB drive connected to the printer will be automatically selected and displayed at the top.
- Now the statement “Open HP Print Service Plug-in when USB device is connected” is displayed.
- Just click “OK” to get started.
- The picture you selected will be displayed automatically.
- Select the exact paper size from the “Paper size” drop-down arrow.
- Finally, click on the “Print” logo and press “OK” when prompted.
- Your printer will begin loading and delivering quality prints.
This way you can connect a printer to the mobile phone and try to print without any hindrance.
How to Connect an HP printer to Phone without Wi-Fi?
There may not be a Wi-Fi network to connect the printer and mobile phone devices. But, luckily, there is still a way to print from your Android device. HP printers launched after 2014 include WiFi Direct. It wirelessly connects your device to your printer. Here’s an easy way to connect an HP printer to phone without Wi-Fi.
Step 1: Download the HP Print Service plug-in
- First of all open the Play Store on your smartphone.
- Now locate the “HP Print Service Plugin” application.
- Once found, click on the “Install” tab.
- Make sure that such an app is properly installed on your phone.
Step 2: Gather WiFi Direct Credentials
Each HP printer with Wi-Fi Direct has a unique name and a strong password. So, in order to connect your device, these credentials are highly required. Here’s how you can get it:
For printers with control panel display
- Tap the “WiFi Direct” icon or open the “WiFi Direct Settings” menu to get the printer name and password.
- To print the Network Summary page, go to the “Reports” tab and select “Network Summary or Network Config”.
- The name and password will be mentioned on this page. To watch carefully!
For Button Printers Only
Perform the procedure that corresponds to your printer configuration:
- Tap the “Information” button to print the report page.
- Press and hold the “WiFi Direct” button for a few seconds to print the report page. The credentials obtained will allow the phone to know how to connect to the HP printer even without using the wireless network.
- Simultaneously press the “Wireless & Information” button to print the report.
- Press and hold the “Resume/Cancel” or “Resume” button for a few seconds. This will allow your printer to print the information page.
Step 3: Use the App to Print
- Open the photo or document you want to print, then click the menu icon.
- Press the “Print” tab.
Step 4: Choose Your HP Printer
- Now on the print preview screen, click the “down arrow” to display a list of printers.
- Select “WiFi Direct” to name your printer.
- Then enter the password carefully.
- Now go to your printer to make sure your printer selection is correct.
For printers with control panel display
- Press the “Ok” tab.
For Button Printers Only
- Press the “WiFi Direct” or “Information” button, depending on what’s flashing on your printing device.
Step 5: Wait for the Connection and Start Printing
- Now, wait about 10-15 seconds for the printer connection to complete.
- Once complete, a print preview screen will appear on your device.
- Click on the “Print” icon to print.
How do I connect the HP printer to the hotspot?
To keep your print jobs going smoothly, you’ll need a personal mobile hotspot to connect your HP printer to the Internet. So, below you will learn how to connect an HP printer to a telephone access point. To keep an eye on:
- First, go to the “WiFi Direct” button.
- Next, enable WiFi Direct.
- You will get a prompt saying “Do you still want to enable WiFi Direct”. Click “Yes” to confirm.
- WiFi Direct is now enabled. Wait for it to end.
- Click on the “Print Guide” tab to print the report.
- Now on the printed page, you can see your printer name and password. Write it down for later use.
- Now, on your mobile phone, go to the “Settings” section.
- Next, click on the “Wi-Fi” tab.
- Select your printer and enter the password in the required field. Be sure to enter the password you received on the “Welcome WiFi Direct” report page.
- Now click on “Join”
- Finally, your HP printer is successfully connected to the mobile hotspot and ready to print wirelessly.
How to Adjust Printer Settings for Quality Prints?
After knowing the facts of how to connect my hp printer to my phone, you will need to change the printer settings to get satisfactory printing. This way:
- Print Quality: Normal
- Printing Color: Color
- Paper size for email/documents: Letter or A4 (whatever you have loaded in your printer).
- The paper size for the attached images should be 101.6 x 152.4 mm (4 x 6 in).
- A number of impressions: 1 or any number as per your requirements.
- Paper Orientation: Select the original document.
- Select Single-Sided Printing.
Now when you print you will get what you want.
24/7 HP printer online support on how to connect the HP printer to phone
hopefully! After the exact implementation of the above-mentioned tips, you have successfully connected your HP printer to your Android phone. However, knowing how to connect an HP printer to a phone is not that complicated. However, sometimes your HP printer may encounter common printing problems such as connection errors or not printing. In such a situation, the very first thing that you should always do is update the HP printer software.
For further assistance, you can contact the dedicated technical team available at HP Printer 24/7 Online Support Number. Our efficient technical experts will surely take care of your problems. So dial the number and stay in touch till your problem is resolved.