HP Envy 4520 doesn’t print in color – HP is a world-class brand that offers sophisticated, high-quality printers. HP-shipped printers are praised for their great build quality and ability to deliver low-cost printing. They are easy to use and can be used for both personal and commercial use. But despite these advantages, these devices are not free from defects or technical errors. Recently, many HP users around the world have reported their inability to print in the color of their device. If you are also stuck in a similar situation and trying to figure out how to fix HP Envy 4520 Not Printing Color then consider reading this article till the end.
Read: Fix HP Printer Assistant Not Working
Technical faults and malfunctions have become common with electronic devices, especially printers. Among all the errors, one of the most common problems associated with the HP Envy 4520 is the inability to print color pages. Any HP Envy 4520 users who are having trouble printing colors with their device can check out the documentation below to find an easier way. In this blog, we will show you some easy steps to fix HP Envy 4520 not printing color.
Why does HP Envy 4520 Not Printing Color?
Several things can be responsible for this error. This error is mainly caused by an internal problem. So, in this section of this blog, we’ll explain why HP Envy printers can’t print in color:
- Due to empty or low ink cartridges,
- Wrong HP Envy 4520 Settings.
- Device drivers are not working properly.
- Dirty print head.
- Color printing is disabled.
- Defective or faulty ink cartridges.
How to fix HP Envy 4520 Not Printing Color?
The solution to this problem is simple and takes less time. You just need to make sure that follow the series of troubleshooting steps given below and eliminate this error from its main source. So here are the solutions that will get you out of this trouble:
HP Envy 4520 Printer Restart
To fix this problem you have first tried restarting the device. Restarting the device can fix some minor technical issues with the device. Here are the steps you need to do to fix HP Envy 4520 Not working error through this method:
- Press the Power button on the device to turn it off.
- Once done, unplug all the wires inserted into the device including the power cable.
- Wait a few minutes before proceeding to the next step.
- Now plug the wires back into the device, including the power cord.
- Press the Power button again to turn on the device.
- Now try printing any file or document in color to check if the problem is resolved.
HP Envy 4520 Enable Color Printing
If you accidentally disabled your device’s color print settings, now is the time to enable those settings. Disabling settings for color printing will result in the HP Envy 4520, not printing color. So, to fix this problem, you just need to follow these steps:
- Go to Start and click on Settings.
- From there go to the Printers option.
- Right-click the Printing System logo and select Properties.
- Now on the properties page choose the Printing Preferences option.
- Click on Paper or Quality and press the Color option.
- Press OK and exit Setup.
- Now try printing a color page or file to check if the problem is resolved.
Clean the Device Printhead
Another way to fix HP Envy 4520 not printing color is by cleaning the printhead of the device. The print head plays an important role in the printing process. It helps to keep the print on paper and produce presentable text.
- Begin the process by going to Start > Control Panel.
- Select the Drivers and Printers option.
- Right-click on the Printing System logo and select Properties.
- Now tap on the Hardware option and select the Clean Ink option.
So You Can Fix HP Envy 4520 Not Printing Color. We hope you liked this blog and learned something from it. If you would like your problem to be handled by the best technical support call 1-866-714-4111