How to Troubleshoot HP Tango Smart Home Printer – HP Tango Printer is one of the highly modular and advanced printing devices. It also comes with some nice features which help the user to save money and also reduce the cost per print. It is chosen by the person who wants to experience low-cost printing, cloud printing, etc. The USP of this device comes with powerful printing technology that will allow the user to print from anywhere using the print from anywhere feature. But remember that the HP Tango Smart Printer is an electronic device that may experience technical issues. Several users have complained of technical issues with their devices. So, if you are facing technical issues with your device and want to know how to Fix HP Tango Smart Home Printer Problem, then this blog is for you.
Electronic devices are susceptible to technical problems. Errors can be printer offline errors, printer spooler problems, printer jam problems, and more. But that doesn’t mean they can’t be solved. Troubleshooting a malfunction or technical error in a router depends on the nature and type of the error. So, if you are facing any technical issues with your printer and want to get rid of it as soon as possible, then read this blog till the end to know the simple steps to troubleshoot HP Tango smart home printer. But before going any further, make sure that you follow all the troubleshooting steps exactly as mentioned. How to Troubleshoot the HP Tango Smart Home Printer
Error 1: HP Tango Smart Home Printer failed to print
If your printer is unable to accept the print job, you can follow the simple steps to troubleshoot HP Tango smart home printer:
- Begin this process by making sure that your printer and device have a working connection.
- Reinstall the HP Smart app > Turn off the device and reinstall it.
- Test the network connection using the free HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Make sure your machine’s paper tray is securely attached.
- Reset Canon Tango Smart Home Printer.
Error 2: HP Tango Smart Home Printer Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi
If your HP Tango smart home printer is unable to establish a connection with Wi-Fi, then it’s time to follow the instructions below. So here’s how to troubleshoot the HP Tango Smart Home Printer:
- Be sure to check that your printer is not in sleep mode.
- Restart the wireless router. Press the Power button on the router > Wait for a few seconds > Press the Power button again to restart the router.
- Check the settings to see if the printer is set as the default.
- Be sure to place the printer and router close to each other, and be sure to remove any external obstructions that may interfere with the signal.
Error 3: HP Tango Smart Home Printer Paper Jam Problem
Next, we will discuss the simple steps to troubleshoot HP Tango Smart Home Printer. If your device has a paper jam problem, follow the steps below:
- Check the printer roller to see if a piece of paper or foreign matter is stuck inside the printer.
- Clean the entire area and remove dust from the paper tray, print rollers, and paint rollers.
- Restart the printer by turning it on > remove the wires from the USB cable and power cord > wait a few seconds > reconnect the wires including the USB cable and power cord > and turn the printer on.
Other Steps to Fix HP Tango Smart Home Printer Issues
There are a few more steps that explain how to troubleshoot the HP Tango Smart Home Printer. All these steps are easy to do and you can do these steps without any outside help:
- Restart the printer to resolve minor internal problems.
- Update HP Tango Smart Home Printer Drivers.
- Clean the printer spooler.
- Check the wires and make sure they are not faulty.
- Uninstall and reinstall the HP Tango Smart Home Printer on your device.
So here are the simple steps to Fix HP Tango smart home printer. We hope you enjoyed this article and learned something from it. Then call 1-866-714-4111 or write us your query via email or comment.