The HP Officejet Pro 8730 is a wireless printer that helps you print from any device without a USB cable. However, sometimes when we try to print an important document from our PC, it says “HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Offline”. Solving this printer offline error in Windows 10 computer is a headache for the user.
There are two common reasons why your HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 printer appears offline in Windows 10. The first is a loose connection between wireless devices such as printers and routers. Second, the HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 printer drivers are corrupted because of the infection.
Best Ways to Convert HP Officejet Pro 8730 Offline Online
Step 1: Verify that the HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 printer is on and no errors are displayed on the screen.
- If the HP printer’s LCD screen is blank, the printer may not turn on.
- If it is in sleep mode, wake it up.
- Still, it’s off, so check the power cable.
- Now check the LCD screen for any error messages. If the screen displays an error message, fix the error to resolve the indicated problem.
Step 2: Make sure the HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 printer is connected to the computer via USB or Wi-Fi.
- If connecting via a USB cable, make sure the cable is connected on both ends (printer and computer).
- Try connecting the HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 printer directly to the computer’s USB port, not through the USB hub connector.
- If the connection is via an Ethernet cable, make sure the cable is connected at both ends (the printer and router).
- Now print the network configuration page from the printer to confirm the correct printer IP address.
- If you’re using a wireless or Wi-Fi connection, make sure the printer is connected to the router.
- Print the Network Configuration page to check the HP printer’s IP address.
Step 3: Set HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 as the default printer (Windows 10).
- Open Settings or Control Panel.
- Click on Devices and Printers.
- Right-click the icon for your HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 printer and select Set as default printer.
Step 4: Delete all the pending documents from the print queue.
- Right-click on the HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Printer icon.
- Click > See What Prints
- Now choose > Printer Options from Window
- Select > Cancel All Documents.
Step 5: Check the status of the HP printer in the Devices and Printers window.
- If the status of the HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 printer is offline. Right-click your printer icon > Check if Printers > Printers > Use Printer Offline (removes the checkmark).
- If the printer status appears Paused. Right-click your printer icon > See what prints > Printers > Pause Printing (removes the checkmark).
Step 6: Make sure there is no duplicate HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 printer icon.
- If you see a copy of the HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 printer, remove it from the list.
- Uninstall the printer from Control Panel.
- Download the latest drivers for HP printers.
- Reinstall the printer.
Here is the process to fix HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Offline. I hope you get the solution from the post.