When you send print jobs to the HP Envy 6000 printer, it sometimes becomes unresponsive and shows an offline status. Unfortunately, the HP Envy 6000 printer offline error appears even though the printer is on and connected correctly. At this time, showing offline status on Windows PC or mobile device may be due to miscommunication between the devices. However, offline printers can easily be brought back online and will start delivering high-quality prints with the help of simple tips. The resolution guide is at your fingertips, keep reading the post.
Read: How to Fix HP Envy 4520 Not Printing Color
Why is My HP Envy 6000 Printer Offline?
There can be several reasons why the HP Envy 6000 printer offline problem may occur. The most common reasons are listed below. saw:
- When there is a problem with the printer’s software and hardware
- When Your HP Envy 6000 Printer Won’t Connect to a Wi-Fi Network
- Printer drivers may not be up to date
- If the HP Envy printer is not added to the Windows PC, the printer also appears offline.
- Most likely, the printer is not set as the default printer.
- When there is a lack of communication between the printer and the computer, your printer stops printing anything.
Effective Guide to Fix HP Envy 6000 Printer Offline Problems
We have already seen above why your printer disconnects when you are printing a document. Now it’s time to discuss the tips and techniques to fix HP Envy 6000 printer offline on Windows or Mac. Below we have compiled useful information, you need to apply it correctly. Let’s get started!
Guideline 1: Reset HP Envy 6000 Printer
Here’s what you need to do to reset your printer hassle-free:
- With the printer on, unplug the power cord from the printing machine.
- Then unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Wait approximately 60 seconds.
- Now carefully reconnect the power cord to the wall outlet and to the printer.
- Then wait for the light bar to turn blue-white or completely white.
- You can now print a page or document to verify that the offline HP Envy 6000 printer is online.
Guideline 2: Update Printer Firmware
You can use the HP Smart app to check for and install firmware updates on the HP Envy 6000 printer. Let’s do it:
- The first thing you need to do is go to 123.hp.com or your app store to download the HP Smart app to your device.
- Now open HP Smart App, and create an account if you don’t already have one. Otherwise, log in directly to your account.
- If you’re setting up HP Smart for the first time, create or sign in to an HP Account. This will allow access to all printer functions without interruption.
- Now on the app’s home screen, select your printer name or your printer icon.
- Next, go to the “Advanced” tab, then select “Advanced Settings” or the Printer Home Page (EWS).
- Now select the “Tools” menu or the “Web Services” tab.
- Click the “Printer Update” or “Product Update” option.
- After that, click on the “Check Now” tab.
- If firmware updates are available, they will automatically be downloaded and installed on your printer.
Now print a test page to confirm that the HP Envy 6000 printer offline problem has been resolved. If the printer is still offline, go to the next resolution instruction.
Guideline 3: Set the HP Envy printer as the default
If you have upgraded or have already upgraded your Windows to the latest Windows OS, you will need to add the printer manually. HP Envy 6000 printer offline repair is coming soon if you add the HP printer to Windows or set it as the default printer. Here are complete instructions for setting the default printer. let’s follow:
- First, go to the “Printer Settings” section of your computer system.
- Now find the printer and click on the “Printers & Scanners” tab.
- Next, choose your printer model.
- Right-click the icon for your printer model.
- Check the “Set as default printer” option.
- Your HP Envy printer is now successfully set as the default printer, and it’s probably converted online as well.
Guideline 4: Check that the Printer Drivers are up to date
If the driver installed on your printer is out of date, the Envy 6000 printer offline error will appear while printing. So, if the printer shows offline, check your printer driver immediately. If necessary, update the driver to the latest version. However, you can remove the old drivers and install the current version of drivers from the official HP website. The “Download” link is mentioned on the site, all you need to do is enter your printer name and model number. This way you will install the upgraded version of the printer driver on your desktop.
HP Envy 6000 Printer Offline Mac – Repair Guide
With the printer set as the default for Mac, you can change the status of the HP Envy printer from offline to online. Here’s how to convert your offline Mac to an HP Envy 6000 printer online:
- First, click on the “Mac” menu.
- Next, select the “System and Preferences” option.
- Then go to the “Printers and Scanners” tab.
- Next, click the “Default Printer” drop-down button to select the “Default Printer” option.
- Once the printer is set as the default for the Mac, restart the printer.
- Now turn on the printer and connect it to a wireless network for printing functions.
Let us know how we can help you
Even after carefully applying the above guidelines, the HP Envy printer offline window 10 error still exists. do not worry! Dial the 24×7 online support number to connect with professional technical experts. One-stop solution for printer offline problems delivered to your doorstep.