The Laserjet P1005 printer is a new invention from HP. With many new specifications, global secure printing, latest technology, these printers have carved their niche in the global market. They allow up to 25 people to work simultaneously in cloud technology, print 20 pages per minute and are fast operating technologies. When a product is used to its maximum, it is obvious that users will face some errors. The most fundamental is an engine parse error.
Read: HP Envy Printer is not printing or scanning – Contact HP Printer Support
HP Laserjet P1005 Engine Scanner Error
Before knowing how to fix the HP Laserjet P1005 Engine Scanner error, you need to know which error codes or control panel messages are displayed. To resolve all error codes, a basic trick is to turn the printer off and on again and run the job.
- For error codes 12 and 13 – The scanner cannot fix the motor home position. To fix this problem, replace the motor.
- For error code 16 – The CIS sensor of the scanner is not communicating with the printer. To fix the error, first, follow the basic steps, then check all flat flex cables in the scanner and reconnect them. If the error persists, replace the formatter or internal scanning assembly.
- For error code 17 – The motor position in the scanner is incorrect. Examine the scanning carriage and determine whether any internal objects are blocking the scan head.
- For error code 23 – A failure has occurred in the scanner calibration. Follow the basic steps, then check and reconnect all flex ribbon cables. If the problem exists, replace the formatter board.
The problem that usually occurs is that you cannot copy or scan a document, but printing is possible. To fix the HP Laserjet P1005 Engine Scanner error, try to follow the instructions correctly.
- Turn off the printer and unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Check cable connections. Although the problem may be with the formatter board, in most cases the cable connections are checked carefully.
- Clean the cord and reconnect it properly.
- Now check the formatter board, and try to replace it. If the error persists, then the problem is with your scanner.
- So you have to check the scanner. The problem may be with the cable or with the motor and gears in the mount.
- Open and clean the motor.
- In most cases, the mount fails, if so, take it to a service center for replacement. The problem is minor and can be fixed.
- After cleaning the motor check the gears. If they’re tight, loosen them. If the gears remain tight, the motor cannot support the load and this results in an error.
- Connect to the power source and check if that solves your question about solving the HP Laserjet P1005 engine scanner error.
I hope you like the post after using these steps you are getting an HP Laserjet P1005 Engine Scanner error, then you can Contact an HP Printer Support expert for better advice and reliable results. Doing it yourself with little experience can damage the printer.