HP printers are primarily known for their amazing features and expertise. But sometimes you may face a hp printer supply memory error which prevents your printer from detecting the toner cartridge installed in your device. The problem mainly arises when the cartridge you have inserted is not compatible with your HP printer. Many other reasons can include broken plastic pieces in the toner, old or corrupted printer software, etc. Whenever you encounter such errors while using your HP printer, try to find the exact reason. Next, apply the relevant troubleshooting methods to get your printer back in working order. Let’s see all the information related to this blog.
What Causes HP Printer Supply Memory Error
There are many reasons why you might be experiencing supply memory error problems with your HP Laserjet Pro M402n or other models. Some of them are given below:
- Packaging plastic or protective strips may not be removed properly.
- Pieces of paper stuck in the paper tray can bother you.
- Some of the broken metal contacts available in the toner cartridge can also cause a power memory error.
- Sometimes outdated or corrupted firmware installed on your device can cause this problem.
Due to the above reasons, many other issues like HP printer offline errors can also occur in your system. So try to find the root cause of whatever problem you are facing.
How to Fix HP Printer Supply Memory Error
Once you have found the exact cause of the supply memory error in the HP LaserJet MFP M277dw printer, it is time to perform some troubleshooting methods. Below is a more detailed description of the different methods that you can try to fix these errors from your device.
Method 01: Connect the Metal Contacts Correctly
Your printer has 2 metal contacts installed to help you locate the toner cartridge. Follow the steps below one by one to properly connect these metal contacts:
- First, turn off your printer and unplug all cables from the power source.
- Now remove the toner cartridge from your HP printer and locate the metal contacts. Typically, they look like microchips or sections of metal.
- Try to smoothly connect the metal contacts inside the printer. Make sure that no other printer components are affected when the contacts are connected.
- After connecting the contacts, pull them forward a bit and check if your printer is working properly.
These steps will definitely help your HP m281fdw printer or other models recognize the recently installed toner cartridge.
Method 02: Replace Toner Cartridge
If you still get the power memory error warning on the HP printer, try replacing the toner cartridge. Sometimes the cartridge or its plastic slot can become damaged and prevent your printer from working properly. In this case, you can replace the toner cartridge with a new one by following the steps below:
- Gently open the print cartridge access door and remove the old print cartridge from your printer.
- Open the package of the new print cartridge and remove the orange clip from it.
- Hold the print cartridge on both sides and distribute the toner evenly over the print cartridge.
- Now install the cartridge correctly, then close the scanner assembly and print the cartridge access door.
Finally, print out a sample document to make sure everything is working properly.
Method 03: Update Printer Firmware
It is important to install the latest firmware update on your system whenever the manufacturing company releases it. Tools like HP Printer Assistant can help you install all the latest driver updates for your system. You may experience such problems if your HP printer has an older version of the firmware. You can download the latest software version from the official HP website. After successful installation of the drivers, check if the problem is resolved.
The troubleshooting methods mentioned in this article will definitely help you fix the HP printer supply memory error. We have also mentioned the common reasons that can cause such problems to your printer. If you’d like to resolve another HP printer problem, contact us by phone or mail. Please do share the blog with others.