Printers are very important machines at home or office and used in needy conditions. When we need to print, scan, copy or fax a document, HP printer has to be active and fully functioning. It is no wonder that your HP printer may run into some sudden error and interrupt important work. The error code 20 in HP Photosmart and All-in-One printers is one of those errors. If your printer stopped printing in middle of some important job, then consult with HP Printer Customer Service engineers for faster and effective solutions.
Moreover, there are alternate to such errors that could be explored in order to troubleshoot HP printer error. There are few easy diagnosis instructions that could be followed by any regular user to eliminate such error-
- Access Printers and Faxes from control panel (Windows+ R – type Control Printers and press OK)
- Find your printer icon and check if it has been set to Default Printer
- If not, then right click on your HP printer icon and click on Set as Default
- Now try to print a test page by accessing printer properties
Reconfigure USB drivers on PC, if did not work-
- Windows and hold Windows + R on computer keyboard
- Type devmgmt.ms and press OK
- This will bring up Device Manager window
- Now look for Universal Serial Bus Controllers and click on (+) sign
- Select USB Composite Device and uninstall
- Unplug HP printer USB cable from PC and reboot computer
- After PC is back to normal screen, connect USB cable again
- And let PC find and install new driver for USB device
- On successful completion of driver installation, try printing a test page again
If you cannot get rid of the error yet, contact HP Printer Customer Care and speak with trained engineers so that the experts could seek for actual trouble and fully rectify that. The final method to eliminate error code 20 will be full uninstallation and reinstallation of full package of your HP printer drivers.
You can uninstall all HP printer drivers from the programs in control panel. After complete driver uninstall, reboot PC and download the latest release of drivers online from the official Hewlett-Packard website.
Download latest printer drivers- https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers